It’s been a busy day and I am one tired woman! This was officially day 1 of the Big Garden Project at Moonmooring. You may know the plan is to take down the fence, beds, Audrey (the compost bins) and rework the whole thing.
Today I raked about half the garden area and burned most of it. Too many weed seeds to compost that stuff! I pulled 10 five gallon buckets of green weeds and put them in long term compost. Hmm … I need to name that pile. I pulled all the stakes up, moved a pile of rotting boards, five tire beds, two rotting log/timbers, picked up and moved all manner of misc. “stuff” (where does it all come from?), and dug a couple buckets of bulbs to relocate. I moved 2 big lawn chairs, fence posts, rakes and shovels, many 5 gallon buckets, cleaned around the horseshoe pits and rolled up hundreds of feet of hose. I pushed over the rotting tree stump and uncoiled the rope lights from it. Dumped and moved several flower pots for annuals.
I’ll post a few current pictures of the progress being made tomorrow night. I don’t expect much in the way of a summer garden this year with all that needs to be done, but a big plan is underway for a fall garden. More details later!
By the way, I find myself a little shy on help this Friday and all weekend. if you’d like to get your hands dirty and dig in the dirt flash me an e mail! firstname.lastname@example.org I could really use a hand or 2 or 3 on Friday to get ready for the heavy machinery.